To connect your Contentful account to Cloudpress, you will need to authorize Cloudpress to have access to your account. This document will walk you through the process of connecting your account.
Create a content type
Before you connect your Contentful account, you will need to create a space and a content type for the content you wish to export, if you have not already done so.
The content type must contain at least the following:
- One short text field that is configured as the Entry title. When exporting documents from Google Docs, Cloudpress set the value of this field to the title of the Google Doc.
- One long text field. This field will be used to store the content for the entry, in other words, the content which is extracted from the Google Doc. At this point in time, Cloudpress does not support Contentful’s rich text fields yet.
You can see an example documentation content type defined in Contentful in the screenshot below. In this case, the field named Title will be used as the title of the document, and the Content field will be used for the content of the document.
For more information, refer to the Contentful data model documentation.
Connect your Contentful account
You can connect your Contentful account by going to the Connections page in the Cloudpress Dashboard.
Depending on whether or not you have previously connected other accounts, you will either see an empty account list or a list of accounts that you have already connected.
If you see an empty account list, click on the Connect a Contentful account button:
Alternatively, click on the Link another account drop-down menu, then select Link a Contentful account:
Cloudpress will prompt you for the details of the new connection:
- The Account name is the name that will uniquely identify this connection in Cloudpress.
- The Access Token is a Contentful Personal Access Token that will allow Cloudpress to communicate with your Contentful account. You can create a personal access token by going to Settings > API Keys in the Contentful dashboard. Navigate to the Content management tokens tab and click the Generate personal token button button to generate a new token
Once you have completed the information, click on the Connect account button.
Your Contentful account is now linked to Cloudpress, but you will need to configure it properly before you can start exporting documents to it:
The following required information must be supplied:
- Select the Contentful Space to which you want to export content.
- Select the Content Type from the space for the content you wish to export
- For the Body Field, select a field defined on the content type that will contain the actual content (or body) of the document. This field must be defined in Contentful as a Long Text field.
- The locale is the locale you want to use when exporting documents to Contentful. If none is specified, the default locale for the space will be used.
Once you have completed the information, you can click the Configure button to complete the configuration of your Contentful account.