Connect a Webflow account
This document will walk you through connecting your Webflow account to Cloudpress, allowing Cloudpress to export content to Webflow.
Create a CMS Collection
Cloudpress will export content to a CMS collection which you will specify later in this document. If you don’t have a collection defined yet, you will need to create one. If you are unfamiliar with this process, refer to the Webflow documentation on CMS Collections.
There is one important requirement, and that is that your CMS collection has at least one rich text field defined. Cloudpress will export the content of the document to this rich text field. In the screenshot below, you will notice that we have a rich text field name Content which will contain the content of the exported document.
Cloudpress will also export the document’s title to Webflow, using the predefined Name field in the Webflow CMS collection.
Connect your Webflow account
Go to the Connections page in Cloudpress, click the Add Connection button and then select Webflow from the list.
This will take you to the Connect a Webflow account screen:
You must give Cloudpress access to your Webflow account for Cloudpress to export content to that account. Click on the Authorize Cloudpress button. This will open a popup window that will send you to the Webflow website. If you are not logged in to Webflow, you will need to log in.
Webflow will then prompt you to authorize Cloudpress to access your sites. Complete the authorization by following these steps:
- Select the workspaces and sites that you want to give Cloudpress access to by clicking on the checkboxes. You can give Cloudpress access to only specific sites by selecting the checkbox next to those sites. Alternatively, you can select a workspace to give Cloudpress access to all current and future sites in those workspaces.
- Once you are happy with your selection, click the Authorize app button. This will close the popup window and take you back to the Cloudpress website, where you can complete the configuration of your Webflow account.
Configure your account
After you have connected the account, you will need to give Cloudpress more information about the Webflow website and CMS collection to which you want to export content. Go to the Content Model tab on the connection detail screen.
- Webflow site: Select the Webflow site to which you want to export the content.
- CMS Collection: Select the CMS collection you want to use.
- Body field: Select the rich text field in the CMS collection to which you want to export the document’s content.
Once you have completed the information, you can click the Save Changes button to complete the configuration of your Webflow account.