To connect your WordPress account to Cloudpress, you will need to supply Cloudpress with the URL (or address) of your WordPress website, as well as a username and application password Cloudpress can use to connect to your WordPress website.
This document will walk you through the following steps:
- Create a user in WordPress
- Connect your WordPress account to Cloudpress
Create a user in WordPress
The WordPress user account you use when connecting Cloudpress to your WordPress website must have the ability to create posts in your WordPress account and, therefore, either have the Author, Editor, or Administrator role.
You can follow the official WordPress documentation to create a new user.
Create an application password
Cloudpress makes use of an Application Password to connect to WordPress accounts. Application Passwords allow you to create application-specific passwords for users and use that for authenticating the user rather than the user’s actual password.
Application Passwords are only available in WordPress version 5.6 and newer. If you use an older version of WordPress, you must install the Application Passwords plugin.
To create an application password, open the user’s profile page in the WordPress administration area and scroll down to the Application Passwords section. Enter a name for the application password, for example, Cloudpress, then click on the Add New Application Password button.
A notification will be displayed with the application password. Save this password since it is required in the following step when you connect your WordPress account to Cloudpress.
Connect your WordPress account to Cloudpress
Once you have created a user in WordPress and generated an application password for the user, you can connect your WordPress account by going to the Connections page in the Cloudpress Dashboard.
Click on the Add Connection button and then select WordPress from the list.
Cloudpress will prompt you for the details of the new connection:
- The Connection name is the name that will uniquely identify this connection in Cloudpress.
- The Website URL is the URL (or address) for your WordPress website. For example, if your WordPress website is located at https://www.traveldiaries.com, then this is the address that you will fill in this field.
- The Username is the username for the user which you created in the WordPress administration area in the previous step.
- The Application password is the application password created in the previous step.
Once you have completed all the fields, click the Connect WordPress account button to connect your WordPress account to Cloudpress.