You can view the details of a published document by clicking on the title of the document on the Publication History screen. This will navigate you to the details for the document:
The title of the document will be displayed at the top, along with the status. The status can be one of the following:
- Published: Indicates that the document has been successfully published
- Error: Indicates that an error occurred the previous time the document was published
- Queued: Indicates that the document has been queued for publication. The document will be published within the next couple of minutes.
- Publishing: Indicates that Cloudpress is in the process of publishing the document to the destination account.
The page also displays the following information regarding the published document:
- Published To: The name of the linked account to which the document was published. Underneath the name of the account, you will see a list of links that you can use to quickly navigate to the published content on your CMS.
- Published By: The name of the user who last published this document.
- Publication Time: The date and time on which this document was last published.
- Log entries. When publishing a document, Cloudpress will keep a basic log of all the actions which were taken during the publishing of the document. These log entries are displayed in this section.Under most circumstances, these log entries serve an informational purpose only. However, if an error occurred while publishing a document, this information can be useful to try and track down the reason the publication failed.
The content of this page will not be updated in real-time, so if you are viewing the details of a document which is being published, just refresh the page in your web browser in order to see the latest status of the document.