To view detailed information about a specific export, click on the title of the document on the Export History screen. This will navigate you to the details for the export:
The title of the document will be displayed at the top, along with the status. The status can be one of the following:
- Exported: Indicates that the export was completed successfully.
- Error: Indicates that an error occurred during the export.
- Queued: Indicates that the document has been queued for export. The export should be started within the next couple of seconds.
- Exporting: Indicates that Cloudpress is in the process of exporting the document to your Content Management System.
The page also displays the following information regarding the exported document:
- Exported To: The name of the connected account to which the document was exported. Below the name of the account, you will see a list of links that you can use to quickly navigate to the exported document on your CMS.
- Exported By: The name of the user who last exported this document.
- Exported At: The date and time on which this document was exported.
- Log entries. When exporting a document, Cloudpress will keep a log of all the actions taken during the export. These log entries are displayed in this section.Under most circumstances, these log entries serve an informational purpose only. However, if an error occurred during the export, this information can be useful to try and track down the reason the export failed.
The content of this page will not be updated in real-time, so if you are viewing the details of an export that is in progress, refresh the page in your web browser in order to see the latest status.