Export content from Google Docs to Contentful
Automate the export of perfectly formatted content from Google Docs to Contentful, so you have more time for doing work that matters
Export from Google Docs to Contentful in three simple steps
You can export perfectly formatted content, including your images, from Google Docs to Contentful by following these three simple steps:
- Connect the Contentful account you wish to export your content to.
- Write and collaborate on your content in Google Docs.
- Export your content with one click using the Google Docs Add-on.
Export with one click
With our Google Docs Add-on, you can export your content from the comfort of the Google Docs editor. No need to navigate to an external application - simply open the Cloudpress Google Docs Add-on and click the export button.
- Save time by not leaving the Google Docs editor
- Get updates on the export progress from inside the Google Docs editor
- Navigate directly to your content in Contentful when the export is done
Preserve all your formatting
Cloudpress does a great job of preserving your formatting and handles all common formatting styles, such as headings, bold, italic, and underlined text, lists, tables, code blocks, and more…
- Supports all the common formatting styles
- Supports tables with headers, text formatting, and images inside the table
- Supports advanced formatting like code blocks - ideal for programmers that share source code on their blogs
Export your images
Cloudpress uploads all the images in your document as assets to Contentful and will link those assets correctly in the exported content.
- Uploads images as assets in Contentful
- Preserves your image name for SEO purposes
- Supports alt text for SEO purposes
Export to your own content model
Cloudpress works with your own content models that you create in Contentful. Tell Cloudpress which fields to use for the content, author, slug, or whichever other fields your choose to export.
- Works with your custom content model
- Allows you to map content to any rich text or long text field
Supports rich text and long text
Whether you store your content in rich text or long text fields, Cloudpress has you covered and will format the content correctly for the field type
- Supports both rich text and long text
- Converts your content to the correct rich text format
- Converts your content to markdown for long text fields
Automatically create embeds
Cloudpress can detect links to content on sites like Twitter, TikTok and YouTube in your document and create the correct embed block for Contentful (only supported in markdown - i.e. long text fields)
- Supports common embeds like Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Spotify, and many more
- Creates the correct embed code for your content
Update additional fields
Cloudpress handles more than just your content. It can also update additional fields in Contentful, such as the post category, author, featured image, etc.
- Supports simple fields like text, dates, and numbers
- Supports Contentful reference fields and can look up the correct entry based on the title
- Supports fields that allow for multiple values
- Supports image fields
Bulk export documents
If you have a lot of documents you want to export or update, you can use our bulk export feature in the Cloudpress web application.
- Export multiple documents at once
- Specify how each document should be processed
Automate exports with Zapier and Make.com
Using the Cloudpress API and no-code tools like Zapier or Make.com, you can create automated workflows that export your content without you having to lift a finger.
- Cloudpress REST API allows integration from any programming language
- Cloudpress actions allow quick integration with Zapier
- Cloudpress modules allow quick integration with Make.com
Draft or published, your choice
Cloudpress can export your content as drafts or publish the content. In the case of content that is re-exported, Cloudpress can preserve the current publication status of your content.
- Exports new content as drafts or publish it
- Preserve the state of existing content or explicitly set it to draft or published
Quickly navigate to exported content
Once your export has been completed, you can easily navigate to the exported content in Contentful to review and publish the content.
- Navigate directly to the exported content in Contentful
- Navigate directly to Cloudpress to review the export logs