Export content from Google Docs to WordPress
Automate the export of perfectly formatted content from Google Docs to WordPress, so you have more time for doing work that matters
Export from Google Docs to WordPress in three simple steps
You can export perfectly formatted content, including your images, from Google Docs to WordPress by following these three simple steps:
- Connect the WordPress account you wish to export your content to.
- Write and collaborate on your content in Google Docs.
- Export your content with one click using the Google Docs Add-on.
Export content with one click
With the Google Docs Add-on, you can export your content from the comfort of the Google Docs editor. There is no need to navigate to an external application - simply open the Cloudpress Google Docs Add-on and click the export button.
- Save time by not leaving the Google Docs editor
- Get updates on the export progress from inside the Google Docs editor
- Navigate directly to the exported content in WordPress
Preserve all your formatting
Cloudpress does a great job of preserving your formatting and handles all common formatting styles, such as headings, bold, italic, and underlined text, lists, tables, code blocks, and more…
- Supports all the common formatting styles
- Supports tables with headers, text formatting, and images inside the table
- Supports advanced formatting like code blocks - ideal for programmers that share source code on their blogs
Export your images
Cloudpress uploads all the images in your document to the media library in WordPress and will create the correct image block in your content linking back to the image in the media library.
- Preserves your image name for SEO purposes
- Supports alt text for SEO purposes
Your choice of Gutenberg or Classic
By default, Cloudpress will convert all your content to the correct Gutenberg blocks to ensure your content is rendered correctly. However, if you prefer to use the classic editor, we also support that.
- Exports to Gutenberg by default
- Allows switching to classic blocks
- Full formatting support for both Gutenberg and classic blocks
Automatically create embeds
Cloudpress can detect links to content on sites like Twitter, TikTok and YouTube in your document and create the correct embed block for WordPress.
- Supports common embeds like Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Spotify, and many more
- Uses the WordPress API to create the correct Gutenberg embed blocks
Supports WordPress posts and pages
Cloudpress supports exporting to both WordPress posts and pages.
- Export to posts
- Export to pages
- Full formatting support for both posts and pages
Updates additional fields in WordPress
Cloudpress handles more than just your content. It will also update additional fields in WordPress, such as the post category, author, featured image, etc.
- Supports plain fields like title, slug, and excerpt
- Supports taxonomies like categories and tags and can look up the correct item based on the name
- Supports featured images
Export custom Gutenberg blocks
Sometimes, you want to add a custom Gutenberg block like an email sign-up form, call to action, or countdown timer inside your content. For these occasions, our Raw Content Block feature will save the day.
- Allows you to export any Gutenberg block with your content
- Ideal for things like calls to action and email signup forms
Bulk export documents
If you have a lot of documents you want to export or update, you can use our bulk export feature in the Cloudpress web application.
- Export multiple documents at once
- Specify how each document should be processed
Automate exports with Zapier and Make
Using the Cloudpress API and no-code tools like Zapier or Make.com, you can create automated workflows that export your content without you having to lift a finger.
- Cloudpress REST API allows integration from any programming language
- Cloudpress actions allow quick integration with Zapier
- Cloudpress modules allow quick integration with Make.com
Export content as draft or published
Cloudpress can export your content as drafts or publish the content. In the case of content that is re-exported, Cloudpress can preserve the current publication status of your content.
- Exports new content as drafts or publish it
- Preserve the state of existing content or explicitly set it to draft or published
Quickly navigate to exported content
Once your export has been completed, you can easily navigate to the exported content in WordPress to review, edit, and publish the content. Or you can navigate to the preview or published version to see how the content is displayed on your website.
- Navigate directly to the WordPress admin panel to edit the exported content
- Navigate directly to view the published or preview versions of the content
- Navigate directly to view the export log